Environment Canada has issued a Tropical Cyclone Information Statement for this area. Our Town crews have been out getting ready for Hurricane Fiona.
The system is expected to hit the province overnight tonight, Friday, September 23 and into tomorrow, Saturday, September 24th.
Residents are reminded to:
– Secure any objects on their property that can be blown around by wind such as furniture, play equipment, barbeques or anything that can be projectiles in case of high wind
– Update your emergency preparedness kits, including extra food, pet supplies, and water for up to 72 hours.
– Ensure adequate fuel supplies
– Replace batteries in smoke and carbon monoxide alarms
– Make a household emergency plan to help everyone know what to do in case of emergency
– Keep up with the latest information from reliable sources
For weather information:
For information on emergency preparedness, visit www.gov.nl.ca/beprepared
To report any power outages and /or down power lines, visit, www.newfoundlandpower.com/outages
For information on provincial road conditions, visit, www.511nl.ca or download the 511 app