Bulk Waste Curbside Collection Days
Bulk waste collection begins on the designated day for your area. It may take a number of days for all bulk waste items to be removed from all residences. For example, furniture may be collected one day and metals on the next day.
September 19, 2022: Carbonear (east of, & including, Bemisters Hill)
October 3, 2022: Carbonear (west of Bemisters Hill to Pondside Road & sideroads off Pondside Road)
October 17, 2022: Carbonear (south of, & including, Forest Road, London Road)
Bulk collection Guidelines:
- Place items at your own curb by 7 a.m. on your designated bulk waste collection day. Only your household’s items should be at the curb.
- Place bulk items next to your garbage box or where waste is normally placed for weekly collection.
- Separate metal items from other bulk waste (such as furniture).
- Do not stack items.
- Waste must be accessible and boxes free of snow / debris
- All items must be bagged or bundled and tied. Scattered or loose items will not be collected.
- Individual items must not exceed a maximum of 22 kg (50 lb).
- A maximum of 226 kg (500 lbs) or one pick-up load (whichever is less) will be collected from each household.
- It may take a few days for bulk items to be collected from all residences. Not all materials will necessarily be collected at once—for example, furniture may be collected on day one and metal collected the following day. It’s still important that all material is placed at the curb by 7:00 a.m. on the day collection begins.