Civic Numbers on Residential Properties
The Carbonear Fire Department has noticed that many properties are lacking clear and visible house numbers. Firefighters, law enforcement and paramedics will find you faster when your home is properly marked.
The Town of Carbonear Civic Numbering Policy can be found here: https://carbonear.ca/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Civic-Numbering-Policy.pdf
Points to remember:
- Use civic numbers with a contrasting background, so they will be visible.
- Civic numbers need to be at least 4 inches in height and visible under lighting at night
- The bottom of the civic numbers should be a minimum of 48 inches above grade
- The civic numbers should be displayed on the side of the building that faces towards the street upon which the street is addressed
- Be sure to keep the civic numbers visible by trimming trees and bushes.