First Contact Community Coordinator PDF can be found here: First Contact Community Coordinator Job Ad April 2022
The Town of Carbonear is currently accepting applications for a full-time, temporary, Coordinator to support our Welcoming Community Initiatives.
Work Hours: Full-time, 35 hours/week x 24 weeks
Hourly Rate of Pay: $16.50/hr
The Coordinator will expand on the Welcoming Communities Initiative. The Welcoming Communities Initiative is a municipal driven project to address integration and retention needs in the town of Carbonear and area. The coordinator supports the development of this project by engaging stakeholders, developing identified community initiatives, and building on diversity/inclusion training. Members and stakeholders include, but are not limited to, schools, levels of government, professional associations, faith-based organizations, ethno-cultural organizations, and the community and social services sector.
Second phase in the Town’s Welcoming Communities Plan. The project will expand on the work completed in Phase I, including partnerships to increase multi-sectoral buy in and engagement at both the local community level & provincially.
Key duties and responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Awareness and Employer Engagement: Creating Welcoming Spaces monthly hosted by various groups/schools/businesses that will provide the opportunity for people to learn about the place or group, as well as meet others in the community. Increase engagement and education of businesses and connection and education of settlement service organizations to assist with employee recruitment.
- Prepare and schedule presentations to stakeholders to increase knowledge and awareness regarding newcomers experience and steps to assist in retention.
- Organizing a service/community organization fair for the public to learn about various groups and service organizations operating both locally and provincially as well as public diversity/inclusion/multiculturalism community events throughout the project life.
- Monthly sessions hosted by the Town that provide a Welcome to the Town and general information about the Town with spotlights on various amenities or services available.
- Research and identify best practices and project plans that will enhance newcomers cultural and community integration and support the Welcoming Community Initiative
- Identify, consult and collaborate with partner organizations and working groups
- Recruit and train volunteers to assist with the project, where needed
- Conduct evaluations and collect stories that measure and attest to the project impact in the community.
– Minimum two years of post-secondary training in community development or a related field, or equivalent experience
– Demonstrated understanding and experience with community development processes and tools
– Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle
– Satisfactory vulnerable sector criminal record check
Application must be submitted by close of business 4:30 p.m. on Friday, May 6, 2022
Please submit your cover letter and resume via email or in person to the Town of Carbonear:
First Contact Community Coordinator
Town of Carbonear
PO Box 999, 256 Water Street
Carbonear, NL A1Y-1C5
(Telephone) 596-3831 (Fax) 596-5021
Email: [email protected]
Thank you for your interest. Please note we do not accept phone calls and only those candidates that are chosen to move on in the hiring process will be contacted.