Effective October 06, 2020, the Town Office will open for limited access on Monday to Friday’s from 1:00 to 4:30 p.m., without appointments, for bill payments & building permits. Residents can continue to make appointments during regular business hours.
Before visiting the office, please consider if your business can be conducted by phone, email or if payments can be made electronically.
In person meetings are not taking place at this time, but where required, meetings can be arranged by telephone or video-conferencing.
Due to COVID-19, we’ve implemented measurers to ensure the safety of patrons & staff & we are asking residents to help our efforts.
They include the following:
- Do NOT enter if you are sick or experiencing 2 or more of the common symptoms of COVID-19 (ie. Fever, cough, sore throat, headache, nausea/vomiting, diarrhea, runny nose, loss of sense of taste or smell)
- Do NOT enter if you have travelled in the last 14 days outside the Atlantic Provinces or outside the communities along the Labrador-Quebec border.
- Do NOT enter if you have been in close contact with anyone who has travelled outside the Atlantic Provinces in the past 14 days who has developed COVID-19 symptoms
- Do NOT enter if you have been in close contact with a known or suspected case of COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- Wear a mask
- Use hand sanitizer when entering & exiting the building
- Practice physical distancing (two meters apart)
- No loitering
The Carbonear Public Library will be utilizing the entrance that faces Water Street for their patrons to enter and exit to access library services.
Town office patrons MUST enter & exit via the south entrance (facing Carbonear Pond/parking lot).
Washroom facilities are NOT open to the public
The Town of Carbonear thank you for your patience and continued cooperation as we work together to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus.