Summer Student Employment Opportunity
The Town of Carbonear is looking for five summer students to complete research and projects under the direction of the Economic Development and Tourism Officer.
The summer student positions are for 8 weeks at 35 hours a week.
Duties and responsibilities include:
• Perform basic research, including literature and archive review
• Collect and incorporate research including video/sound recordings and images with existing exhibits
• Connect and update basic information regarding operating businesses ie. Hours of operations, attractions
• Connect and work with local business and stakeholders
• Work cooperatively and constructively with other members of the staff
• Other duties as required
These positions will require the following:
• Be highly motivated, organized and be able to work independently
• Strong computer skills
• Proven ability to work independently and/or as part of a team
• Interest and knowledge of history preferred
• Experience with research
• Ability to work from home using personal computer and internet
We thank you in advance for your interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply by emailing your cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Deadline to apply: Thursday, June 25, 2020 at 4:30 p.m.