May 22, 2020
Re-Opening of Waste Recovery Facilities
Waste Recovery Facilities in Bay Bulls, Renews-Cappahayden, Placentia, St. Joseph’s, Cavendish, Old Perlican, Harbour Grace, Sunnyside, Whitbourne, and Clarenville will be reopening using a phased approach.
Beginning June 2, 2020, residents can use the facilities based on the schedule below:
Tuesday, June 2 & 9: Surnames A – H
Thursday, June 4 & 11: Surnames I – P
Saturday, June 6 & 13: Surnames Q – Z
There will be extended hours of operation on your scheduled day:
8:00 – 11:30 a.m. and 12:30 – 4:00 p.m. (Gates close 11:15 a.m. and 3:45 p.m.)
We will return to regular hours of operation on June 14, 2020.
- All bagged waste must be in clear (transparent) bags. This is to reduce risk to our employees by minimizing contact with waste materials. Waste in dark (non-transparent) garbage bags will not be permitted on site.
- Maintain a safe physical distance of 2m (6ft) from staff and other visitors.
- If you are feeling unwell, stay home.
- Limit of 2 vehicles allowed on site at a time.
- Maximum of 2 persons per vehicle allowed on site.
- Pre-sort materials so it may be offloaded in 10 minutes or less.
- Anticipate line-ups and delays—please be patient and remain in your vehicle.