May 11, 2020 : Province of Newfoundland and Labrador is at Alert Level 4.
What does this mean?
Life at Alert Level 4:
• Follow Public Health Guidance for All Alert Levels.
• Stay at home as much as possible, except to get essentials like groceries and medications.
• You can expand your household bubble to include one other household (effective April 30, 2020).
• If you have COVID-19 symptoms, contact 811.
Public Spaces and Gatherings:
.• Gatherings are expanded to 10 people as long as physical distancing can be maintained.
• Gatherings at funerals, burials and weddings are restricted to no more than 10 people.
• Visitations and wakes remain prohibited.
.• Recreational angling and hunting are permitted.
• Golf courses can open with restrictions in place.
• Municipal parks are open. Please Note: playgrounds, softball fields, soccer fields, and recreation facilities remain closed
• Playground equipment in municipal parks is not to be used.
• Campsites remain closed.
• Gym and fitness facilities, yoga studios, tennis and squash facilities, arenas, dance studios and performance spaces remain closed.
• Outdoor activities, including walking, hiking, or riding your bike, are encouraged as long as physical distancing can be maintained and you are not required to self-isolate for any reason.
Health Care services:
• Regional health authorities will begin to allow some health care services to resume.
• Private health care clinics remain closed, except for urgent and emergent care, with virtual care options available for non-urgent care.
• All visitor restrictions in health care remain in place.
• Orders for long term care, personal care homes, and assisted living facilities remain in place.
Businesses and Services:
• Limited expansion of childcare services.
• Professional services such as accounting firms, law firms, and financial services can offer in-person services. Work from home policies are encouraged, where possible.
• In-person worker and workplace safety training will be permitted (e.g. Standard First Aid, Basic Safety Training, food safety, etc.).
• Gardening centers can open for in-person sales and service.
• Landscaping and lawn care services can operate.
• Animal daycares can resume operations.
• Retail stores that do not offer essential services, bars and lounges, cinemas, and personal service establishments remain closed.
• Restaurants remain closed for in-person dining.