- This event has passed.
Museum Manager deadline for submission of resumes – Monday, May 9, 2022
May 9, 2022 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
The historic town of Carbonear operates two museums which are located in restored historic properties. The Railway Station Museum and the Rorke Stores Museum, all are open to the public with guides during the summer. We are looking for a dynamic, history loving, detail oriented and organized individual to help us create memorable visitor experiences this summer!
The Museum Manager is responsible for the acquisition, documentation, maintenance and promotion of the two museums, the Rorke Store Museum and the Carbonear Railway Museum.
- Manage the operation and maintenance of the two museums,
- Conduct research and provide historical information and related assistance to staff, the public and other institutions;
- Plan and develop educational and interpretational programs and exhibitions, assist in coordination of public events; Plan, assign and oversee staff duties and scheduling;
- Maintain effective liaison and working relationships with a variety of contacts, including non-profits and businesses;
- Prepare and maintain work records and reports;
- Identify and prepare funding and project grants;
- Design event posters and keep social media accounts updated with focus on content and engagement;
- Perform related work as required.
Qualifications include University graduation in History, Museum Studies, Communications or related disciplines, or equivalent combination of training and experience.
This is a temporary full-time opportunity. Shifts will include evenings and weekends.
Applicants under consideration will be required to consent to a Criminal Record Check.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Resumes can be mailed to the address listed below or emailed to [email protected] by 4:30 p.m. on Monday, May 9, 2022
Town of Carbonear
Museum Manager Position
P.O. Box 999, 256 Water Street Carbonear, NL A1Y 1C5
Tel: (709)596-3831 Ext. 224 Fax: (709)596-5021