COVID-19 INFO: BULK COLLECTION
May 22, 2020
Re-Opening of Waste Recovery Facilities
Waste Recovery Facilities in Bay Bulls, Renews-Cappahayden, Placentia, St. Joseph’s, Cavendish, Old Perlican, Harbour Grace, Sunnyside, Whitbourne, and Clarenville will be reopening using a phased approach.
Beginning June 2, 2020, residents can use the facilities based on the schedule below:
Tuesday, June 2 & 9: Surnames A – H
Thursday, June 4 & 11: Surnames I – P
Saturday, June 6 & 13: Surnames Q – Z
There will be extended hours of operation on your scheduled day:
8:00 – 11:30 a.m. and 12:30 – 4:00 p.m. (Gates close 11:15 a.m. and 3:45 p.m.)
We will return to regular hours of operation on June 14, 2020.
- All bagged waste must be in clear (transparent) bags. This is to reduce risk to our employees by minimizing contact with waste materials. Waste in dark (non-transparent) garbage bags will not be permitted on site.
- Maintain a safe physical distance of 2m (6ft) from staff and other visitors.
- If you are feeling unwell, stay home.
- Limit of 2 vehicles allowed on site at a time.
- Maximum of 2 persons per vehicle allowed on site.
- Pre-sort materials so it may be offloaded in 10 minutes or less.
- Anticipate line-ups and delays—please be patient and remain in your vehicle.
Bulk Collection cancelled until further notice
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Eastern Regional Service Board(ERSB) is taking measures to proactively help prevent the spread of the virus. Following advice from public health officials, ERSB will be enacting solutions for contractors to increase social distancing.
All Bulk Garbage Collections scheduled by ERSB are cancelled until further notice. This difficult decision has been made to help protect contractors and ensure proper social distancing requirements are met.